I was kindly gifted some treats from Doisy&Dam which included their dark chocolate peanuts and dark chocolate drops. I knew instantly I had to try them in a brownie recipe and wow they were amazing!! I’ve had their products previously so knew I was going to be tasting good things.
I love this brand for the simple fact they’ve produced great tasting vegan products as well as using natural ingredients, zero palm oil and the cocoa is ethically sourced.
See for yourself and try them, products can be purchased in Sainsburys, Holland & Barrett, Asda, Boots, Whole Foods Market, Ocado, Mighty Small and Amazon.
Now I bet you’re all wondering how to make these brownies, I’ve listed the ingredients and method below
150g vegan butter
75g light brown sugar
150g vegan chocolate
1tbsp golden syrup
Egg replacement (the equivalent of 3 eggs)
125g golden caster sugar
150g plain flour
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
5 tablespoons of vegan chocolate spread
1 bag of Doisy&Dam chocolate drops (put a few aside to decorate)
1 small white vegan chocolate bar to decorate
1 small milk vegan chocolate bar to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Melt together vegan butter, brown sugar, vegan chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl
3. In a different bowl, mix egg replacement and caster sugar together, then add vanilla extract, then over this sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder
4. Add the two bowls together
5. Fold mixture together
6. Add the vegan chocolate spread
7. Pour the mixture in the tin and cook for around 30 mins until the brownie has cooked, is looking slightly cracked but underneath still has a wobble to it.
These were amazing, go ahead and make them yourselves!